Publishing articles and receiving citations is crucial for the advancement of your career in academia. A strategic approach to publishing helps to stay on track, to use your time effectively, and to benefit from available guidelines. This workshop provides a platform for exploring guidelines, sharing experiences, and developing individual strategies.
In this online-workshop, we analyse, evaluate, and synthesize suggested publication strategies. We share experiences and identify differences between disciplines. For summarizing insights, we prepare a set of key recommendations.
Contents in brief:
- Publication targets: What should we try to achieve in terms of quality, quantity, and frequency of publications?
- Collaboration: How can we shape collaboration and teamwork in order to achieve our publication targets?
- Journal selection: Which criteria should we consider when selecting journals?
- Achieving acceptance: What helps to convince editors and reviewers?
- Increasing citation rates: How can we increase the citation rates of our publications
The event is offered by the University of Hohenheim. There are 2 places available for postdoctoral researchers from the University of Konstanz.
Geoecologist; since 2007 freelance adult educator and trainer. Studied geoecology, obtained a PhD in the field of biodiversity research from TU München. Work areas: training and counselling services for effective academic writing. Several publications related to the teaching and learning of academic writing.